....the further you are from home,
the closer you are to your deepest self:
vibrant, naked essence of your soul.
The air itself is different but
makes you live the same;
and your roots are splayed
toward the faces,
looking for a fertil,
bare smile as if it was a clod of soil,
a cloud down from the sky....





8/23/2013

On the deadline



Ok, I'm just on the dead line. I promised to my friend Krys from Boston that I would have written a post in this blog: and here I am. The deadline was the week-end, so I'm getting through it by the skin of my teeth. In order to be forgiven by her, I'm going to dedicate this rare post to Krys: actually she deserves it.
Krys is the most polite, kind, lovely of my American-English friends who have helped me with my English. If I had to give a piece of advice to someone about the ideal sparring partner for language excange, I would introduce  him to Krys. She really is a very earnest, cutural trigger  for the language study and, actually, when I talk to her is not at all as if I am studing.
I have not changed the title to this blog, even though I'm not in Oxford anymore. In fact I'm in Italy but a piece of my heart is still in England and the language is an important component of this true love that I feel deep inside my being. So I need people like Krys for my English, my personal growth,
my cultural open-mindness, my heart.
Thanks Krys.

Fra Lorenzo

No comments: